- About Us
- Northern Tanzania
- Southern Tanzania
- Western Tanzania
- Coastal & Islands
- Contact Us
Whistling Thorn Camp can accommodate up to twelve guests in six spacious canvas tents under permanent grass-thatched ramadas. Each tent has shelving, a writing desk and an en suite bathroom with flush toilet and a hot shower. From the private, shaded veranda, you can overlook the parklands of Whistling Thorns and the flat-topped acacia trees where giraffe, zebra and elephant graze, and the occasional Maasai warriors wander by.
Since the property of Whistling Thorn Camp has been set aside for both our camp and for conservation, so you really stay in the middle of nature. It will not take long before you notice the abundance of birds and other small wildlife sharing the site.
• 6 spacious canvas tents under permanent grass-thatched ramadas
• Each tent has shelving, a writing desk and an en suite bathroom with toilet and showers.
• Each shower is fed by a 15L tank that is filled manually by our staff, this is the real bush style experience.
• Each tent has a private veranda with chairs, table, and washbasins overlooking the parkland of Whitling Thorns
• Mosquito nets, electrical lighting in tent and bathroom, and torches (flashlights) are provided.
• Charging possibilities for cameras, batteries, etc.
• Restaurant area with nice views over the Kwakuchinja Wildlife Corridor
• Complementary coffee and tea in the afternoon
• Daily camp fire
• Distance to Tarangire National Park main gate is 5 kms (10 minutes drive)
• Activities: Walking/night game drives, Tarangire National Park game drives, Maasai Village and com munity project visit.
• It is the camps priority to have a successful partnership with their neighbours.
Kearsley (T) Ltd.
16, Zanaki Street, P. O. Box 801,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Call or Email
Tel: +255 22 2137713