Be it a simple wedding, or a week-long event, towards the end of it, all you want is some space for yourself; to zone out, destress and indulge in blissful, romantic moments with your partner. If you have already found out- where to go right after your big day- that sounds perfect and if you still haven’t we give you one big reason to ease your worry. Have you ever in your wildest dreams thought of going on an African adventure? Your honeymoon experience in Tanzania – is just about the perfect reason to come and indulge in an unexaggerated breath-taking holiday.
Why Tanzania for our honeymoon?
While some of you deeply wished to go to this iconic safari destination, the others may not know what makes Tanzania, exotic and unique. As a couple planning to come to Tanzania for the first time, here are some top reasons to choose East Africa’s hotspot for your honeymoon.
- Combine a brilliant safari with an island retreat – all in exclusivity where you can spend intimate moments.
- Tanzania is a destination to visit all year round- The green season in April and November are even better without the crowds.
- You can find mid-range to 5 star luxury accommodation options and you are not restricted to limited choices.
- Escape to the wilderness; explore cultures, safari destinations and spend your time away from the crowd- ideal for a couple retreat.
Where to go?
As a diverse destination, a honeymoon experience in Tanzania, may provoke some questions during your initial planning stage. Consulting a safari expert or a tour operator is ideal as they can answer all your where, what’s and for how long with their experience and local knowledge. They will also suggest to you the best places to stay and recommended excursions as per your budget.
None the less, considering some destinations, or planning and where do you wish to stay, is a good way to start. With exclusive options, you are sure not to go haywire.
The Signature Serengeti and Zanzibar Bush to Beach Retreat
Gaze at the galaxy with a glass wine all night, swim with the closest views of the elephants and the watering hole, take your flight in a hot air balloon and then escape to the picturesque white-sand beaches of Zanzibar. If you would love to experience a signature Tanzanian holiday, The Serengeti and the Zanzibar are the top choices for honeymooners and the destinations offer exclusivity in the rich wilderness and beach paradise.
A 13 day honeymoon itinerary can be perfectly tailored you needs, without enough time for your to explore the wilderness, relax and indulge in local experiences
Our recommended excursions:
- Private sundowners and bush dinner in Serengeti
- Hot air balloon ride above the wildebeest migration
- Early morning guided walking safari
- Island hopping around Nakupenda beach and surrounding isles
- Sunset cruising in Nungwi
- Snorkelling or Scuba Diving around Mnemba Atoll
Exotic and Rewarding Selous and Mafia Island
If you are couple wanting to escape the crowd and spend your holiday in an intimate destination with exotic things to do, we would highly recommend considering the Southern Safari Circuit and combine with an island experience in Mafia. While this may not look like a common itinerary, safari in Selous is up-close, bringing you wildlife to the closest. Mafia Island is another destination that makes for a perfect retreat for couples.
What you should not miss out:
- Swimming with the whale sharks
- Ocean facing soothing massage
- Guided walking tours in the bush
- Evening sunsets and boat safari
Other hidden coves
- The Pemba island makes for an excellent secluded honeymoon destination offering some of the most magical dive sites and high-end accommodation options including the Fundu Lagoon
- If you would like to enjoy a short safari with an exclusive stay- a combination of Gibbs Farm and Crater tour in Ngorongoro is something not to be missed.
- The Gombe and Mahale- home to the chimpanzees remain an undeniable attraction for adventurous couples who want to go off-the beaten path
- A raw and wild safari in the exotic safari in Ruaha National Park followed by a cool retreat in the Mufindi highlands is a perfect way to celebrate the beginning of your togetherness, in absolute bliss!
Want more insights to plan a honeymoon in Tanzania? Simply write to us and we will offer a no-obligation quote and advise for you.