Where flowing rivers invite thirsty creatures, dense bushes give way to barren landscapes, silence is broken by wildlife sounds and safari destinations are blessed without crowds. The beauty of the Southern Safari Circuit is one that remains elusive and known to a handful of world-travellers. It is here, where the real search for wildlife begins, the vast, natural spaces, camouflaging even giant mammals. Welcome to the world of authentic safari exploration.
While the top safari destinations in South Tanzania remain less-known, our safari experts suggest some of the most rewarding itineraries that combine diverse destinations to suit all kinds of travellers.
Rewarding and Must Go
8 Days in Ruaha-Mikumi-Selous
Dreaming of a road trip with friends, a bunch of solo travellers or an unforgettable wildlife vacation with family? Take the road less travelled and head to the Southern Safari Circuit. This itinerary combines the three diverse and popular national parks of Tanzania and gives you the choice to see unique wildlife and landscapes.
- Stay close to the Great Ruaha River, for wildlife watching straight from the room
- Explore the 4th Largest National Park of Tanzania – The Mikumi
- Enjoy game drives in dense bushes followed by boating safari in the Selous
This itinerary is suitable for: Wildlife enthusiasts | Families with children above 10 years | Couples | Group of friends
11 Days in Lushoto- Saadani-Panagani-Bagamoyo
If you have been on the Northern Safari Circuit and are still curious to explore Tanzania sans the wildlife, this exotic itinerary is a perfect combination of adventure and relaxation. For tourists, expatriate residents and friends visiting family in Dar es Salaam, you could show your guests the beauty of the neighbouring scenic destinations with this route
- Hike the hills, explore waterfalls, explore local culture and enjoy Swiss like atmosphere in Lushoto.
- Head to Panagni to completely relax in a laid back beach town
- Stay amid the thick jungles of Saadani where the bush meets the beach; indulge in yoga, beach strolls, canoeing and short safari
- Explore the historic town of Bagamoyo and relax by the coast
This itinerary is suitable for: Adventure Lovers | Wildlife Enthusiasts | Photographers | Explorers | Families with kids above 10 years old | Couples | Group of friends |
Authentic and Untouched Wild
12 Days in Mikumi-Ruaha-Mufindi-Morogoro-Selous
Tanzania boasts of some destinations that truly remain untouched and rich in wildlife. This itinerary, is detailed and takes you to the iconic destinations that define the topography and diversity of the southern circuit. You will get to experience up-close encounters with wild dogs, kudus, tusked elephants, prides of lions and a more than a hundred variety of birds that your guide will introduce you to.
- Spot large animals and small birds in Mikumi National Park
- Enjoy a short trip to Udzungwa National Park
- Stay in a tented camp and enjoy the raw atmosphere at Ruaha National Park
- Explore the rolling hills and stay in cute cabins of the Mufindi
- Relax for an overnight in Morogoro
- Sign off with a rewarding stay in Selous- The largest game reserve of Africa
This itinerary is suitable for: Adventure Lovers | Explorers | Families | Couples | Group of friends |
6 days Coastal Expedition
In Bagomoyo and Kilwa
If you love history and exploring, this itinerary is tailored for you. Besides safari parks, Tanzania is bordered by the fine Indian Ocean shore that is not only an attraction for its top resorts, but also narrates the history of colonial rule in Tazania. The coastal towns of Bagomoyo and Kilwa are two such destinations that merge history translated into local culture today.
- Go for a walking tour in Bagomoyo town
- Enjoy diving and historic exploration in Kilwa
This itinerary is suitable for: Explorers | Families | Short-trips | Group of friends
7 days in Selous and Zanzibar/ Mafia island
While the Northern Safari Circuit remains a major attraction for travellers around the globe, we would recommend honeymooners to escape the busy parks and consider a blissful retreat in Selous and the islands. With 5 star camps in the Game Reserve, you will enjoy the combination of game drives and spending most of your time relaxing at your accommodation. Escape to Zanzibar Island later or head to Mafia island to swim with the whale sharks.
- Go for active game watching and walking safaris in Selous
- Enjoy water sports adventure on Mafia/ Pemba/ Zanzibar Island
Do a flying safari to avoid long drives and add an extension to Ruaha just before the island expedition.
This itinerary is suitable for: special celebrations | honeymooners | couples
Want to book an exclusive holiday to Tanzania? Let us start planning your holiday and whiled you wait for our complimentary no-obligatory quote