- About Us
- Northern Tanzania
- Southern Tanzania
- Western Tanzania
- Coastal & Islands
- Contact Us
The Tides Lodge is set on the idyllic, palm fringed and secluded Ushongo beach on the northern coastline of Tanzania near to Pangani. The beach is deserted with no other lodges or hotels close by, giving the guests the feeling of isolation, peace and exclusivity. Guests can walk for miles each way from the lodge along the deserted beach passing only the occasional friendly local fisherman.
The lodge itself is deliberately low key and relaxed, yet offering the best levels of service and cuisine. Our staff are all employed from the local villages and take great pride in their jobs.
There are many activities to occupy your time if that is what you like, including excellent snorkelling, SCUBA diving, cultural tours and softer activities such as kayaking and surf skiing. We can even arrange a day trip to the nearby Saadani National Park.
There are seven (all numbered in Swahili) individual cottages set among the palms that line the beach frontage. Each has a veranda overlooking the sea and a private secluded sunbathing area complete with rustic parasol. The rooms themselves are bright and breezy with a huge billowing mosquito net and plenty of windows allowing good airflow and natural light.
They have spacious en-suite bathrooms, with a large walk-in shower and hot water heated by solar power.
Hibiscus Family House
Perfect for families, Hibiscus is beach fronted and has 2 large double bedrooms, a central living area and a dining table for private dining at the house. Outside there is a large veranda and private beach area with parasols. The house can accommodate up to 6 people.
Set back in the lush gardens of the lodge this two storey house is very private. It is perfect for honeymooners or those who want a little extra privacy. The upstairs bedroom has a wooden decked floor extending onto a large balcony overlooking the Indian Ocean. Downstairs there is a lounge and bathroom. The suite can also be used for families. Extra beds can be set up in the lounge.
Hotel Swimming Pool
– Surrounded by palm trees the pool area is a real sanctuary.
– Beach front restaurant and bar
Beach front restaurant and bar
– The resturant and bar are situated overlooking the Indian Ocean. Built entirely by our own carpenters they are constructed from locally sourced, natural materials. Special dietary requirements can be catered for. Please just notify us in advance of your arrival.
Water sports activities
– An array of activities are available, including snorkelling, scuba diving, fishing and kayaking.
– See our activities section
24 hour reception
– The Tides Lodge has a 24 hour reception desk facility.
– Our shop has many offerings including clothes, bikinis, T-shirts, carvings and paintings. There is also a book-swap facility with books in various languages.
– This is available in the public areas.
– Is available with locally produced coconut oils. (Subject to availability of the Masseuse)
– These are available from the bar including Scrabble, Backgammon, Chess and Cards
– We offer an on-site laundry service for your convenience. All clothes are washed by hand, ironed and returned to your room.
Kearsley (T) Ltd.
16, Zanaki Street, P. O. Box 801,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Call or Email
Tel: +255 22 2137713
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.