Zanzibar is part of the East African republic of Tanzania. The island covers area of 1465 sq. Kms , 35 Kms off the coast of Dar es Salaam.
A tour of the heartland of swahili culture is s great way for visitors to immerse themselves in the local culture and to see how many Zanzibari’s live on a day to day basis.
Learn about the many elements of cultural fusion and cosmopolitan life that is Zanzibar socity music, dance, visual art, cuisine and dhow culture to name few.
Best known for
- Once the capital city of Oman in the early 19th Century under the Sultanate of Sultan Seyyid
- Popularly known as “The Spice Island” due to the farming of vital spices on the island i.e. cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, etc
- Was once, one of the main hub of the slave trade
- The famous Stone Town of Zanzibar – a Unesco World Heritage Site
- Pristine beaches and sandy coastline
Vibrant historical and cultural presence, historical monuments showcasing Portuguese, Arab, European culture. Some can be dated back to the 12th century AD.
- One of the best spots for Whale Shark watching
- Catch glimpses of migrating Humpback and Sperm Whales off Zanzibar from July-December.
- Abundance of excursions available i.e. Dolphin tour, Spice Island tour, Prison Island Tour, Chumbe Environmental Island tour, Jozani Forest, City Walking tour, Stone Town tour, historical tour etc.
- Lunch on numerous sand bars during low tide
- Sunset dhow cruises for sundowners and light music
- Very good locations for scuba diving and snorkeling
- Beautiful, pristine beaches with azure blue waters for swimming, sun bathing and relaxation
- Sea sports i.e. deep sea fishing, jet skis, dhow trips, wake boarding, wind surfing, kayaking etc.
- Experience the local Swahili culture
- Indulge into local Swahili cuisine every evening at the Forodhani Area in Stone Town.
Stone Town Tours
Zanzibar Spice Tours